Friday, January 11, 2013

Hail to the Prowler!

When you live in Beaverton, OR, it's not often that you get to use a prowler (insert video of a crossfitter pushing a weighted sled across the pavement) or even better when you get to use one outside on a sunny day in early Jan.  Well, thanks to Crossfit Core Fitness in Phoenix that's exactly what I got to do.  Actually, I have been to this location before and when I arrived, the person who greeted me was so nice.  She just asked that I log in with my phone number and that there would be no charge for a drop in! 

Wow, I love it when Crossfit boxes open their doors to travelling Crossfitters for free! That's what Crossfit should be about!

The WOD was: 

Deadlift 3x4  - I am nursing an minor lower back injury so I opted to not do deadlifts and instead do heaving snatch balance which was what was what we were doing at my crossfit.  This has also changed, but I will get to that later.

WOD
30 KB Swings - 44lb
30 walking lunges
1 prowler push, down and back

15 min AMRAP

First off, I would like to give big shout out to all the Crossfitters at Core Fitness, you are a great bunch of people and very welcoming.  Stephanie the trainer that evening who by the way is 6 months pregnant , congrats! was so fun to WOD with and what a great trainer.  She did a super warm up  (I liked the fire hydrants) with some light stretching that I have never seen or done, so Thanks!  I would also need to point out that Matt, one of the other trainers and (OPT athlete) was kind enough to take the photos!  Thanks Matt!
As I noted above, just recently I have decided to join a different Crossfit, called Reflexion.  Both Parisjat and I are now working out at this new crossfit.  This past November I turned 45 and realized that in order to grow and change as a Crossfitter, I must make a change, so that is why I have decided to join Reflexion.  Over the past several months I had the opportunity to workout with the trainers at Reflexion(Coach J and Shawn) and really like their approach to Crossfit.  The programming is a mix of OPT and Outlaw programming with WODs that are short and very intense and a huge attention to form and technique.  They also have a very specific Olympic lifting  program too(snatch, clean and jerk)!  Onward and upward!

Until we WOD agan.....SAU













No comments:

Post a Comment