Monday, July 30, 2012

Crossfit Refinery - Boise, ID

Hey Crossfitters - It was my yearly trip to Boise and looking forward to visiting Crossfit Refinery.  It's a pretty good sized box located in downtown Boise.  It's easy to find and there is plenty of street parking.  The plan was to go to the 5 PM wod.  The wod for this day was strength training. Front squats 2-2-2-2-2 with a short Met-con at the end of class.  I was very excited about this WOD for a couple of reasons.  First, I suck a Front squats so any improvement would be appreciated and secondly this WOD was a nice off day for me.

There was only 3 people in the class and our trainer was Jake who took us through a nice warm up which included a new stretch called spider man crawls( these turned out to be great for opening up the hips)  This would be key for front squats. 

So then we moved to the room with the racks to do the front squats.  Jake did a great job of coaching form and I was able to reach a new PR of 215 lbs.  Thanks Jake for the help.

After the front squats we did a short Met-con as follows;

Row 300 m
20 Thrusters - 95lbs
30 box jumps - 24 in
Row 300 m

While it only took 5:15 seconds, it felt much longer.  If someone were to ask me what was the hardest part of the WOD, I would have to say the box jumps because coming from thrusters it was horrible and seemed like I was never going to get to 30.

Check out the pictures and if you are ever in Boise, check out Crossfit Refinery! 

Happy Crossfitting!









No comments:

Post a Comment