Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Crossfit Boise - Refinery - Aug 3, 2011

Hello Fellow Crossfitters - I am writing today from Boise, ID after a pretty killer WOD at a great Box.  Crossfit Boise Refinery is located downtown in a large warehouse space.  As you can see from the pictures, they have tons of space with all the typical Crossfit gear.  The instructor was Sun and he lead us in a nice warm up stretch and then to the warm up and WOD.Here was their warm up and WOD.

I went to the 4:30 pm class and there were about 15 people there, a pretty good showing for an afternoon class.  They also have several classes throughout the day starting at 6 am.

Warm up - 2 rounds
10 pull ups
10 sit ups
10 push ups
10 Overhead squats
10 back extensions

For time
5 rope climbs
5 C & J
4 rope climbs
4 C& J
3 rope climbs
3 C& J
2 rope climbs
2C&J
1 rope climb
1 C& J

The suggested weights were

145
165
185
205
225

WOW that is a 20# gain for each set.   SO, I started with 95# and then to 115# and no further.  Clean and Jerks are one thing I currently struggle with right now so I wanted to keep form so I stuck with the lower weight and did extra reps.

As for the rope climbs, this was a treat and I actually liked the first 5( not like the I like my cold stone ice cream but you know what I mean) cause after the first set of C&J they became a challange for a couple of reasons.  It was hard to keep the intensity and after the first five I started to get a rope burn on the lower part of my left shin and so you know that rope and exposed skin rubbing together does not go well, just like when I don't glide up before sit up days, same thing...Ouch!  The shower afterwards didn't feel any better.  Oh well, I finished in about 11 min, so not to shabby, but no RX.  I finished up with 10-15 of DU practice cause I need it.

Thanks to all the Crossfitters in Boise and to Tyler and Casey for letting me workout with you guys! 







No comments:

Post a Comment