Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crossfit SOCO - Colorado Springs, CO Aug 22!

Hi Everyone - I hope the WOD's are going well for you and wanted to share with you a WOD that I did while on business in Colorado Springs, CO.  The location is called Crossfit SOCO and is just about a mile from downtown Colorado Springs.  I jogged there from my hotel and I was a bit early for the 5:30PM WOD, I did check it out online and it looked like a good one.  Here are some pictures of the WOD and it was a doosy, the last 3 pictures are with me in them, Parisjat suggest that I have someone take pictures of me during the WOD instead of just snaping photos of the location, hope you like them.  The warm up was good and plently of stretching as well.  We also did snatch grip deadlift pulls 3-3-2-2-1, this was a great exercise for me as well cause I dont do them that much.






Not sure if you can see exactly what the WOD was so here it is.

"Anerobic Beast day"
In 2 minutes
3 to 5 Wall Climbs - lying on the floor in push up position with feet against the wall, climp up the wall using your feet and hands until your chest is flush with the wall.
10 squat thrusts - just like a burbee without the push up
10 pull ups
10 BB Squat jumps with 45lb bar bell
10 explosive push ups, basically a clap push up
200 meter run

Rest for 5 minutes
5 rounds

SO, if you could not finish this in 2 minutes you had to modify the reps so that's what I did.  There was only one person who I saw doing RX, I had to modify to either 7 to 8 reps per exercise which worked pretty well for me.  As I said earlier this was a killer and I mean killer workout.  At the end of each round, I could barely breathe, I think it was that I was exhasted, plus the altitude gets to you, Colorado Springs is about 6K feet up. 

Everyone at this box was super nice and very friendly.  The facility was huge and they had tons of equipment, pull up bars, rings to do muscle ups, and much more.  I will definately be back to this location.  See you next time at a Crossfit in your neighborhood!   SAU.

No comments:

Post a Comment