Friday, August 19, 2011

Crossfit Greenlake - Aug 16th

Hey All you Followers(2) and other crossfitters - I was up in Seattle recently and had time for an afternoon workout so decided to visit the Crossfit up in Greenlake.  This is actually owned by another Crossfitter who also owns Belleveue and one more in  Ballard so I might have to make the trek to see these as well. 

Well, getting there was fairly easy but when I got there I parked in what I thought was there parking lot but after checking in with Ashley, She told me that I had to park in their parking lot around the corner, not a big deal but you know I had to go out and do that which was a pain in the @%$%^%SS. 

Anyway when I got back I got ready for the WOD.  Oh well, this one is not one of my favorites as it had 50 DU's, 25 burpees 12 power cleans and then a 200 meter run, 4 rounds called "stack em high"

starting weights

95/65
110/77
135/95
155/110



Since power cleans were not my strong point, I started at 75 and did 2 rounds then moved to 95 for the last 2 rounds, this turned out to be a good idea because the last round was a killer!  This turned out to be a pretty good WOD for me but I still struggled on the DU's and power cleans but at least I know what I need to work on.  My time was 29.43 which for me is pretty darn good.  Could I improve on my time?  Certainly but I have to be a bit more patient on the DU's, but it is very frustrating to see so many other crossfitters doing these and doing them well, so I will continue on and practice more and more each and everyday cuase I know its just something that will come with time.  Overall Crossfit Greenlake is an OK box, I did not get the warm and fuzzy welcoming feeling here but that might just be who they are.  Oh well the trainers Ashly and Tyler were very nice and did a good intro on form for the power cleans but not much of a warm up.  That is all for now, and I will bid you good bye and report back to you from another Crossfit location sometime very soon!  SAU

No comments:

Post a Comment